Entertainment Electrics Workshop
Richard Cadena is an Entertainment Technician Certification Program (ETCP) Certified Entertainment Electrician and Recognized Trainer. On June 27-29, Cadena will offer a three-day entertainment electrics workshop geared toward the industry professional. The workshop includes essential skills and knowledge that no technician should be without, covering theory, practice, and application.
About the workshop
The workshop begins with basic electricity and covers a wide range of topics, from intermediate to advanced power distribution, electrical safety, codes and regulations, and control systems.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
Foundations of Electricity
- Circuits / DC and AC electricity
- Power calculations / Voltage drop
- Three-phase systems / Connectors
- Cables / Power factor / Harmonics
practical power distribution
- Electrical safety / NFPA 70E
- 4-wire plus ground systems
- Portable generators
- Feeder transformer connections
- Setting up PD Overcurrent protection
- Grounding / GFCIs
control systems and networking
- DMX512-A / Remote Device Management
- Streaming ACN (sACN) / Digital networks
- Ethernet / Wireless systems / Fiber optics
Where + When
Held in EMPAC’s Studio Beta, the course will run 9AM–5PM each day, with breakfast, lunch, and parking included.
Lodging accommodations are available on campus for those traveling to attend.
Cost and Registration
- $675 Includes: workbook and certificate of completion
- $750 Includes: all of the above plus three nights on-campus lodging
- Attendance limited to 30 participants
For ETCP certified electricians and riggers, this workshop will count toward 21 renewal credits.