Shifting Center: Studio 2
Multiple temporalities inhabit Studio 2. Sculptural, conceptual, and musical elements coexist in the space of sound: from a year of solar oscillations, to the rhythms of a seaside rock, to the microtonality of a guitar. A disembodied voice reaches up for a more than human world and theatrical time collapses the diurnal cycle into an hour. Stars are stones suspended here like speakers in the sky. Constellations in outer space are notations with which to defy gravity and linear time.
- Julian Abraham “Togar”
- Rocker’s Gonna Rock, (2021)
- Color video with sound, 37 min. 9 sec.
- Maurice Louca
- Missing Notes (or, what if stones could sing?, (2023)
- Omnidirectional sound, 43 min. 11 sec.
- Commissioned by EMPAC
- Gala Porras-Kim
- Proposal for the reconstituting of ritual elements of the Sun Pyramid at Teotihuacan, (2019)
- Polyurethane and acrylic paint, pigments and document 56 ¼ × 15 ¾ × 10 ¼ in.; 100 ¾ × 18 ½ × 11 ¾ in.
- All Earth Energy Sources Are Known to Come From the Sun, (2019)
- Brass, sunlight
- Dimensions variable
- Ambient sound of a pyramid one year of solar oscillations, (2019)
- Ambient sound recording, 23 min. 43 sec.